Author: CSC Motorcycles via YouTube
Go to Source
CSC SG250 San Gabriel: OLD SCHOOL COOL HAS NEVER BEEN MORE AFFORDABLE!
The CSC SG250 San Gabriel motorcycle is a throwback to the 1960’s. After the super-successful introduction in 2018, the SG250 returns EVEN BETTER for 2020.
The CSC SG250 San Gabriel reminds us why we love to ride. The San Gabriel is handsome, yet rugged. Its stripped down to the essentials and intentionally avoids complications. The SG250 is equipped with a proven 230cc, air-cooled counter-balanced engine. CSC has brought back the café racer, equipped with everything you need for heart-pumping, purist motor bike riding – and nothing you don’t!
The 230cc motor used in the CSC SG250 (and the CSC TT250 Enduro) is a modernized version of the “world-design” motorcycle CG engine. This motorcycle engine was specifically designed to require minimal maintenance. The lightweight, short-pushrod overhead valve 125cc engine featured a gear-driven, single camshaft structure for both intake and exhaust. The shaft is located where one would find the cam-chain housing in the overhead cam engine.
Over 40 years later, the original CG125 patent has long-expired. Today, Zongshen, the manufacturer of the CSC SG250, has a modern factory that builds over 3 MILLION engines each year. Zongshen builds both a 125cc and a 230cc version of the old CG engine. CSC distributes only the 230cc version in its modern motorcycles, with the additional update of a counter-balancer. This dependable motor is available in both the CSC SG250 San Gabriel and the CSC TT250 Enduro.
By American standards, 230cc is considered small. But in the CSC SG250, this engine is placed in a motorcycle that weighs only 273 pounds! That gives the CSC SG250 San Gabriel brisk acceleration and a cruising top end of 70 miles per hour! Fuel economy is typically over 65 miles per gallon. When combined with a four-gallon gas tank, this provides the rider with a range exceeding 200 miles.
New riders appreciate the nimble handling and performance of the 230cc engine in the lightweight chassis. Experienced bikers are attracted to the vintage and rebellious heritage of the cafe racer. The SG250 is streamlined, minimalist, and retro. The SG250 isn’t high-tech. Just turn the key and ride – OR stomp the kick starter for another reminder of a simpler time!
The CSC SG250 comes standard with important features like 17-inch tires on aluminum rims, full electronic instrumentation, inverted front forks, adjustable rear reservoir shocks, and huge front and rear disc brakes.
The CSC SG250 includes an LED headlight, LED turn signals, 300-watt alternator, a 2-person seat plus rubber-cushioned foot pegs for driver and passenger, and even a locking gas cap. All these convenience features are STANDARD equipment on the 2020 CSC SG250 San Gabriel.
The CSC SG250 is an unmatched value. The proven dependable and economical 230cc motor is paired with a huge list of standard features that cannot be duplicated elsewhere for TWICE the price!
CSC SG250 San Gabriel Standard Features:
• 230cc air-cooled engine, overhead valve, with counter-balancer
• Fuel system: Keima slide carburetor
• Long maintenance intervals and easy repairs backed by a full Owner’s Manual and online service tutorials
• 5-speed transmission
• Starter: Electric and kick starter
• Stainless steel megaphone steel exhaust – NEW for 2019
• 4-gallon fuel tank with locking gas cap – keyed to ignition
• LED headlight with halo ring – NEW for 2019
• Dash with digital speedometer, tachometer, odometer, fuel gauge, gear indicator, neutral light, turn signal and high beam indicators, passing light switch
• LED turn signals
• 300-Watt alternator
• Inverted front forks with front fork lock
• Adjustable dual rear shock absorbers with reservoirs
• Large diameter front and rear disc brakes – NEW for 2019
• Front 90/71/17 spoked wheel with DOT tire and tube, black aluminum rim
• Rear 120/70/17 spoked wheel with DOT tire and tube, black aluminum rim
• Folding rider and passenger foot pegs with rubber inserts
• Black low handlebars with bar-end weights
• Dual rear-view mirrors
• Comfort seat for driver and passenger
• Available Colors: Black, Green, Silver, or White
• OPTIONAL graphics packages in any color: $95.00 from CSC
• OPTIONAL café racer and scrambler parts and tires from CSC
• One-year, unlimited mileage parts warranty
The 2020 CSC SG250 San Gabriel is available now for ONLY $2,195.00 plus fees. This price includes shipping to your door anywhere in the Lower 48 U.S. states!
The MSRP price does not include the documentation fee of $55.00 so that you can obtain a title and license the new motorcycle in all 50-states. (CSC models are EPA-Certified in all 50-states.) Also, not included is an assembly and inspection charge of $345.00. This fee covers the inbound import fees and the assembly at CSC so all you need to do when your bike arrives is install the rear-view mirrors, add gas and start riding!