Author: Swifty Scooters via YouTube
Go to Source
Matt Bird joins Jason for our twelfth episode to discuss his journey from no fashion experience to starting his new business venture, a monthly premium shirt subscription service – The Shirt Society.
The discussion covers what it takes mentally to start a new business, how Matt and Jason deal with some of the common day to day challenges that are faced when running their businesses, and much more!
Head to the below links to find out more about The Shirt Society:
To skip ahead to a certain conversation point, click below!
– What is The Shirt Society? How did it come about? 00:55
– How Matt and Jason met 05:00
– Matt’s background and how he got involved in fashion from no experience 09:13
– Dealing with online abuse 18:38
– The Shirt Society name and target audience explained 20:41
– The importance of learning from your customers and how The Shirt Society will grow 24:43
– How Matt is looking into recycling old clothes as well as cutting down plastic and unnecessary waste 31:37
– Customer communication and the benefits it brings 38:02
– Managing sales calls and publications 40:53
– The time it took The Shirt Society to come to fruition and being realistic with goals 44:55
– The role and increasing popularity of ‘influencers’ 51:18
– Customer service and the benefits of being positive and nice 52:49
As ever let us know what you’d like to hear us talk about in future episodes!